Here is a sample from my chapbook. Elegy for a Day Long shadows mark the march of light to dark, the end of one moment after another. The clang of the morning alarm is a memory, as is the trudge to … Read More about Evening Sun
Aline Soules’ work has appeared in such publications as the Kenyon Review, Houston Literary Review, Poetry Midwest, Galway Review, and Flash Fiction Magazine. Her books can be seen below or through the menu bar and her book reviews have been accepted by Tupelo Quarterly, Heavy Feather Review, and others. She earned an MFA from Antioch University Los Angeles in both poetry and fiction, and teaches creative writing for the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.
She has completed a novel set in World War II, The Arne House, for which she is seeking an agent. She is writing a second novel set in the late 1960s and early 1970s, and completing a poetry manuscript.
- “Exhortation: A Review of Live in Suspense by David Groff.” Compulsive Reader, Aug. 20, 2023. https://compulsivereader.com/2023/08/20/exhortation-a-review-of-live-in-suspense-by-david-groff/
- “Fingers,” Honorable Mention, Flash Fiction Magazine, spring contest, published July 25, 2023. Also selected to be read at Flash Fiction Forum, Oct. 11, 2023. https://flashfictionmagazine.com/blog/2023/07/25/fingers/#more-116246
- “Winter Train Ride,” 2nd place in the 96th Annual Poets’ Dinner, Ina Coolbrith Circle, June 3, 2023
- Complexity in a Line: A Review of “Chalk Song” by Gale Batchelder, Susan Berger-Jones, and Judson Evans. Sage Cigarettes magazine, April 23, 2023. https://www.sagecigarettes.com/?p=2736
- “Shock,” Flash Fiction Magazine, November 8, 2022. https://flashfictionmagazine.com/blog/2022/11/08/shock/
- Love of Language: An Affirmation: A Review of Tina Cane’s Year of the Murder Hornet. Compulsive Reader, November 16, 2022. https://compulsivereader.com/2022/11/16/love-of-language-an-affirmation-a-review-of-tina-canes-year-of-the-murder-hornet/
- “Night of Thick Clouds,” The Galway Review, August 5, 2022. https://thegalwayreview.com/2022/08/05/aline-soules-night-of-thick-clouds/
- I always loved writing and now I get to do it full-time. How lucky is that? I even got a publication out of it. June 27, 2002. https://www.ekphrastic.net/ekphrastic/the-bookstore-by-aline-soules
- “Fragile Horses,” Flash Fiction Magazine, January 30, 2022, https://flashfictionmagazine.com/blog/2022/01/30/fragile-horses/
- “Last Dandelion.” 2nd place, Kelsay Books Metrical Poetry Contest, 2019. https://kelsaybooks.com/pages/2019-metrical-contest-results https://kelsaybooks.com/pages/kelsay-books-metrical-poetry-contest
Here is a sample from my book. Comma A woman looks out the open window of her office and pauses. The sounds of her co-workers’ voices recede. The click of keyboards almost disappears. The telephone dulls to a … Read More about Meditation on Woman
This work focuses on family and the unique and special relationships each of us has with that complexity. This dual collection, featuring Aline Soules (The Size of the World) and Nancy Ryan (The Shape of the … Read More about The Size of the World
To contact Aline
Please click HERE and fill out the form.